POSITION: North-Central Regional Sales Manager
LOCATION: Chicago, IL, Cleveland, OH, or Cincinnati, OH
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales, N.A.
DIRECT REPORTS: Sales Representatives, Account Executives, Sr. Account Executives
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-time Employee
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Building the Sales Organization
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Aligning and Executing Sales Strategy
- Building Trusting Relationships
- High Impact Communication
- Coaching the Sales Team
- Driving Successful Customer Engagements
- Motivating the Sales Team
- Delegating and Empowering
- Personal Growth Orientation
- Making Sales Operations Decisions
Responsible for effectively managing direct sales related to the activity of sales personnel, agents and distributors and for achieving the planned sales targets in terms of quantities, revenue and profit within the geographical scope. The Sales Manager analyzes the market, identifying opportunities for business development work and performs an assessment of the customer in relation to the product mix, channel mix, potential and reliability of the same, and identify priorities for coverage of market penetration. Develops and implements a strategy in the specific region to meet the growth objectives of the business and achieve maximum results. Must: plan, organize, motivate, delegate, hire, train, coach and manage. In addition to managing the activity of the region this position may be responsible for direct coverage of a key account within the region.
- The North-Central Regional Manager is primarily responsible for developing, along with field salespeople, action plans that will drive sales growth at Core accounts and basic prospecting at extrusion customers which will result in the achievement of the regional objectives.
- Responsible and accountable for the attainment of revenue, volume and margin dollar growth at those accounts which are not OEM-specified.
- Responsible, along with the Director of Sales, NA, for formulating the annual sales budget as recommended by the regional field salespeople.
- Attain annual sales and profit budgets.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales, NA, senior management and all pertinent Ampacet personnel to ensure that the business plans for the region are implemented and executed.
- Establish annual personal objectives for each salesperson in the territory that are aligned with company goals and strategic initiatives, monitors progress and conducts reviews.
- Coordinate the needs and recommendations from field salespeople to the Director of Sales, NA and the Director of Supply Chain to ensure that the overall handling of the customer’s needs is competitive and timely.
- Hire, supervise, coach, motivate and train Field Sales personnel.
- Travel with each salesperson within the region at least once quarterly. Visit key accounts with the purpose of penetrating the account beyond the regular contacts available to the salesperson and identify coaching opportunities to enhance their selling techniques and recommend changes, where unproductive techniques and habits are observed.
- Review all CRM, call reports, expense reports and travel/calendar itineraries to determine the time efficiency of the salespeople within the region. Monitor travel and entertainment expenditures to ensure the appropriate use of funds.
- Recommend territory revisions to the Director of Sales, NA when appropriate to ensure that Ampacet’s customer bank is serviced properly and that the individual territories have not grown beyond the capability of a single salesperson.
- Recommend adoption of special selling tools, e.g., tablets, handouts, computer programs, product literature, etc., which can enhance salespeople’s efficiency.
- Participate in Sales Management meetings and conference calls as necessary.
- Screen available outside programs appropriate to the experience level and background of each individual salesperson.
- Recruit, identify and select future sales personnel which will build bench strength.
- Develop the business and continuously promote sales as well as company image within the territories assigned.
- Develop strategies for approaching new potential segments and propose business opportunities. Cooperate and coordinate with sales colleagues on other territories.
- Personally, or with the sales executive, or distributor/agent, visit and maintain contact with major customers and with other smaller customers.
- Collect Market information related to competitors, products needed, price level, service required.
- Advise corporate management of industry trends, current resin pricing, competitive activity and all other pertinent intelligence.
- Manage pricing policies established by the Sales Director and maintain special pricing within these guidelines according to product, quantity and customer considerations.
- Provide, also with the assistance of the technical service dept., customer with the requested technical support.
- Review all product returns and/or rejections by customers and determine reasons for the return, and recommend credit authorization, when appropriate.
- Coordinate the needs and recommendations from the field sales people to the Sales Director, to ensure that the overall handling of the customer’s needs is competitive and timely.
- Continuously improve personal knowledge of the latest sales techniques, as well as enhance personal expertise in managing people, improve technical knowledge/product knowledge.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- The candidate must be located in the North-Central region of the US and will work out of their home office. The preferred geographic location for this position is the Chicago, IL, Cleveland, OH or Cincinnati, OH area.
- Minimum of 10 years direct sales and/or marketing experience in the plastics and/or masterbatch industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or Chemistry. MBA is preferred.
- Frequent regional travel; 50%+. Occasional nationwide travel: 20%+.
- Strong leadership qualities. Good judgment and decisive decision making with tough issues – high ethical standards. Prior experience managing people is preferred.
- Master of various selling techniques i.e. value selling, “deeper, higher, wider” strategy, closing the sale. Demonstrated proficiency to build strategic customer and industry relationships. Strong oral presentation skills.
- Business acumen – analyzes key financials and industry trends. Ability to provide cost savings / efficiency solutions.
- Excellent technical and product knowledge – comprehensive knowledge of industry, customers business and Ampacet product offerings.
- Completes administrative requirements accurately and on time. Superior follow-up and organizational skills. Ability to plan and manage multiple projects. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- In addition to the requirements listed above, the employee should possess the following qualifications:
- Results driven
- Advanced self-motivational skills
- Advanced team building skills
- Advanced organizational skills
- Strong persevering character
- Challenge oriented
- Highly innovated
- Highly flexible and dynamic
- Advanced management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work efficiently as a team member
- Proactive instead of reactive
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Professional image
- Superior follow-up and organizational skills
- Ability to provide cost savings/efficiency solutions
- Self-starter with high energy level
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please double click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Or email: email@example.com
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.