Position: Marketing Communications Specialist
Department: Global Marketing
Reports to: Global Marketing Communications Manager
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
The Marketing Communications Specialist will oversee the tactical execution of marketing communications projects, to include, but not limited to: coordinating communication activities for the Global Marketing Communications Manager, overseeing annual budget, liaison with all outside agencies to facilitate initiatives and ensure deadlines are met, coordinate conference sponsorship / participation, including table top exhibition space, design for messaging and graphics, and speaker engagements.
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
- Monitor the annual marketing communications budget – which is a portion of the Global Marketing budget.
- Coordinate and organize the communications activities for Strategic Business Managers in their respective areas and to synergize our initiatives whenever possible.
- Coordinate daily and monthly projects with all outside agencies (PR and Creative) and ensure that deadlines are met. Meet daily with Global Marketing Communications Manager to discuss priorities.
- Track and manage PR releases to ensure that copy changes are made and approvals secured from appropriate departments before the release(s) are issued. Post on both our intranet and corporate website, and track number of insertions found in the different publications.
- Organize and coordinate trade show and table-top conference activities including purchasing exhibition space, booth design and graphics, etc.
- Collect, distribute and coordinate follow-ups to all show leads. Monitor follow up progress and issue a final show report detailing costs and benefits.
- Initiate action(s) as needed in the absence of the Global Marketing Communications Manager and perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate the posting of all communications for/on Ampacet’s website including writing, editing and proofreading new content.
- Audit information on Ampacet’s website to ensure it is accurate and up to date. Follow up with appropriate function head(s) to request update(s) as needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional contacts on assignments that have a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Ensure all documents meet appropriate standards, and work with IT to resolve any technical challenges in displaying content.
- Review PowerPoint presentations and/or sales documents to ensure proper use of Ampacet logo and template design.
- Evaluate effectiveness of web communications and develop creative improvements which enhance readership.
- Oversee Social Media initiatives (Twitter, LinkedIn) to ensure that all postings meet the global standard set forth by the company
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related major
- 3 plus years’ experience in communications and/or marketing work preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- Must have excellent project management, organizational, interpersonal and phone skills
- Must have the ability to “shift gears” and juggle many different projects
- Must have a professional manner
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management, employees, vendors and customers on a professional level
- Must be comfortable with social media and web-based project management tools and collaboration technologies
- Must possess a “take charge” attitude, be creative, confident and assertive, as well as have a sense of humor
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.