POSITION: Major Account Manager – Rigid Packaging
LOCATION: Southeast or Midwest is preferred
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Business Development
REPORTS TO: Strategic Business Manager – Rigid Packaging
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Bonus Eligible: Yes – maximum of 25% of base salary
Company Car: Yes
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
The Major Account Manager – Rigid Packaging is responsible for the effective management of Major Accounts by directing the selling efforts of field Sales Personnel and Regional Managers to achieve planned sales, revenue, profit goals and objectives for the specific accounts within North America.
- Protect Growth of Revenue and profitability at identified key Rigid Packaging Companies.
- Work with the Strategic Business Manager- Rigid Packaging and Director of Business Development to establish a comprehensive strategy regarding pricing, forecasts, and corporate resources needed to maximize share and increase penetration at designated Major Accounts. Promote and implement the “higher, deeper, wider” strategy.
- Assist the SBM-Rigid Packaging in developing annual sales goals and objectives for assigned Major Accounts along, with specific sales strategies to meet or exceed these goals.
- Visit the Corporate Headquarters and key plant locations of each assigned major account as deemed necessary to secure and/or service these accounts; develop a rapport with key purchasing personnel to further develop the present business and gain insight into potential future business.
- Submit bid packages for major accounts within the price and profit guidelines established, and present to SBM – Rigid Packaging for approval.
- Review with the SBM Rigid Packaging, actual sales and expense performance versus budget and recommend corrective action where and when needed.
- Develop action plans resulting in the achievement of the budget objectives, and review frequently to determine actual progress against plan.
- Coordinate with Director of Supply Chain, a policy to prioritize the scheduling of the production and delivery of product to the designated major accounts. Recommend stocking level for warehouse inventories, including the addition and deletion of specific products of product lines.
- Continually improve personal knowledge of the latest sales techniques, as well as enhance expertise in technical aspects of the products sold.
- Visit customers with or without sales personnel / sales management as required to optimize business at designated major accounts.
- Provide monthly status reports to SBM- Rigid Packaging.
- Review and assess all sales reports and computer programs relating to major accounts and request/recommend modifications and improvements to Sales Service and IT personnel.
- Review all product returns and/or rejections by major accounts, determine reasons for the return, and issue credit authorization, where appropriate.
- Assure that all outside sales and inside customer service personnel are aware of all current and potential price increases and/or decreases, as it relates to major accounts.
- Review major accounts’ call reports activity in Microsoft- Dynamic- CRM of both Regional Managers and field sales personnel to determine activity and progress of time spent at major accounts by individual managers and sales people; Create Dash boards for critical project information on color match requests, quotation, samples, etc. to drive and close open opportunities.
- Input all activity in Microsoft- Dynamic CRM on a regular basis.
- Handle all customer complaints for assigned accounts and review with internal and external owners.
- Maintain awareness of market and competitive activities at assigned accounts and disseminate the information throughout the organization.
- Work with the SBM- Rigid Packaging to develop a succession plan for future Major Account Manager position.
- Perform those other duties assigned by the SBM – Rigid Packaging to assure the smooth and profitable operation of Ampacet.
- Bachelor Degree plus 5-10 years’ plastics experience with strong knowledge of the industry
- Business acumen and expertise for major account management
- Strong negotiation skills and “art of persuasion”
- Strong track record for relationship building. Proficient with transcending all levels in customers organization
- Capable of developing strategic account plans – experience and vision to grow existing accounts and close business at target accounts
- Travel as required up to 50% of the time in North America – primarily in the Midwest and Southeast including some travel to Canada and Mexico.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Capable of coordinating complex customer requirements with attention to detail to close identified targets
- Preferred geographic location Midwest or Southeast.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Ampacet offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, 401k, and tuition reimbursement. Compensation will be determined based on experience and skill level.
Please double click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.