POSITION: Major Account Manager
DEPARTMENT: Business Development and Marketing
LOCATION: Mason, OH
REPORTS TO: Strategic Business Manager- Rigid Packaging
Starting Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Employee Type: Full-time Employee
Bonus Eligible: 25% maximum eligibility
Company Car: Yes
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
After training and appropriate transition period, this position will manage and continue to grow critical Consumer Packaging Goods Companies in the Mid West. This position will also work closely with other Rigid Packaging Major Account Managers on projects to ensure continuous forward progress designed for commercialization of Ampacet Masterbatch.
- Establish and implement comprehensive OEM account plans regarding product/project development, color development services, organization matrix and corporate resources needed to maximize share, profitability and increase penetration at designated OEM accounts.
- Manage targeted OEMs (end-users), develop relationships with key decision makers (packaging design, creative, marketing, engineering, purchasing, R&D) and secure a preferred position to work on new color activities and converting existing closures/bottles through Total Bottle Cost Reduction and new Technologies approach.
- Manage the color development process (i.e. color matching, sample fulfillment and color standard management) and commercialization of new products at specified OEM accounts, while utilizing Ampacet’s current Sales and Marketing personnel for support at the molder level.
- Work with Ampacet’s Global Accounts Group to coordinate global projects within targeted OEM accounts.
- Frequent visits to corporate headquarters, key plant locations and packaging development and R&D centers of each assigned strategic account as deemed necessary to secure and/or service these accounts; develop a rapport with key decision makers to further develop the present business and gain insight into potential future business. Visit select customers/molders with or without sales personnel / sales management as required to optimize business at designated major accounts.
- Participate actively as a member of the Rigid Packaging Team in providing ongoing market and customer information as to the needs and progress at assigned accounts and market trends.
- Contribute to new technology and innovation ideas and development that will provide value to our OEMs and Molding customers.
- Assist the Strategic Business Manager-Rigid Packaging in developing annual sales and marketing goals and objectives for assigned accounts and market segments.
- Review with the Strategic Business Manager-Rigid Packaging actual sales and expense performance versus budget and recommend corrective action where and when needed.
- Develop action plans resulting in the achievement of the budget objectives, and review frequently to determine actual progress against plan.
- Continually improve personal knowledge of the latest sales techniques as well as enhance expertise in technical aspects of the products sold. Develop a thorough understanding of the rigid packaging market (bottles and closures) in terms of competition, market segmentation and needs for assigned accounts.
- Maintain awareness of market and competitive activities at assigned accounts and disseminate the information throughout the organization.
- Provide monthly status reports for the Strategic Business Manager-Rigid Packaging.
- Review and assess all sales reports and computer programs relating to assigned accounts and request/recommend modifications and improvements to Sales Service and MIS personnel.
- Review all product returns and/or rejections by assigned accounts, determine reasons for the return, and issue credit authorization, where appropriate.
- Review all major accounts’ call reports to determine activity and progress of time spent at major accounts by individual managers and sales people; the call report provides information on color match requests, quotations, late deliveries, credit, unpaid invoices, etc.
- Handle all customer complaints for assigned accounts.
- Perform those other duties assigned by the Strategic Business Manager- Rigid Packaging to assure the smooth and profitable operation of Ampacet.
- Bachelor Degree plus 5+ years’ experience in sales, marketing or packaging development with increasing levels of responsibility consistent with the requirements of this position.
- Experience with the OEM packaging specification process or marketing/engineering within a consumer brand company.
- Experience in managing multiple complex projects from development to commercialization.
- Strong business acumen and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Excellent project management skills
- NAFTA Regional travel required (Panama, Mexico, Canada) Overnight travel up to 30%.
- Proficient with identifying new markets and understands how to work through barriers to penetrate these markets
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401k & tuition reimbursement.
Please double click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by sending your recent resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Marketing
Please include “Major Account Manager” in Subject line.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.