Position: Human Resources Director – Europe
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: General Manager Europe
Employee type: Full-time Employee
Location: Dudelange, Luxembourg
Ampacet Corporation is a global manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and service.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
The Human Resources Team is a strategic partner in managing Ampacet’s Elements of Success core values. We are committed to maintaining the highest level of ethics, integrity and confidentiality while nurturing a culture based on trust, diversity, and innovation where employees can continuously express their potential.
- Building Organizational Talent (Diversity)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Establishing Strategic Direction
- Cultivating Networks & Partnerships
- Compelling Communication
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Leading Change
- Coaching & Developing Others
- Driving Innovation
- Driving Execution
- Energizing the Organization
- Sharing Responsibility
- Personal Growth Orientation
- Operational Decision Making
Reporting to the General Manager Europe, with functional reporting to the VP HR, and a member of the Europe Management team, the Human Resources Director is responsible for the design and administration of human resources policies and procedures for the region.
Areas of responsibility include employee relations, labor relations, staffing, succession planning, compensation and benefits, training and development, safety and health programs within a multi-location multi-lingual manufacturing organization.
The Human Resources Director will evaluate the human resources needs of the organization and implement initiatives to address the identified improvements through training, people development, and other strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the General Manager to develop and administer HR policies and procedures, key staffing decisions, benefits, compensation, recruitment, and other activities.
- Functionally reporting to the VP HR with regard to HR policies, procedures and programs, prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Ensures HR policies, programs and procedures comply with local laws and regulations. Maintains a strong working knowledge of changes in legislature affecting HR issues.
- In coordination with the GM and VP HR, develop and maintain succession and replacement planning processes and procedures.
- Coordinates all European HR site managers in order to maintain uniformity of programs and policies.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems. Manages and reports on department performance against established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Works with the management team to evaluate human resources needs of the organization based on strategic objectives of the business and implements programs and initiatives to address identified gaps.
- Participates and represents management during collective bargaining agreement negotiations. Support HR site managers with union officials and ensures adherence to terms of labor contract by monitoring day-to-day implementation of policies concerning wages, hours and working conditions
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as per business needs; conducts annual salary surveys and develops salary budget; analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Supervises / conducts recruitment efforts for all personnel, including temporary employees, obtaining candidates from various sources including local employment agencies, paid recruiters, submitted resumes, employee referrals etc. Writes and places advertisements.
- Supervises / conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career path program with appraisal program, employee relations counseling; Manages the employee-training program to ensure employee development, position development, and effectiveness. Manages outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing
- Maintains a positive employee relations environment by encouraging open and honest dialog.
- Responds to employee relations issues. Represents management in investigating, answering, and resolving employee relations concerns and grievances.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings such as seminars to continually gain knowledge of the entire HR function
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory for the region.
- Maintains administration and compliance for all benefits programs.
- Serve as liaison between Worker’s Compensation care provider, Company and the employee, ensuring employees get best possible care in the most cost effective manner with as little time missed from work as possible.
- Maintains attendance records for all sites employees, issuing disciplinary action when necessary.
- Maintains personnel files and records in accordance with Corporate and legal requirements.
- Plans and coordinates all Company initiatives like the annual holiday party and any other similar initiatives.
- Continuously seeks an awareness of what is in the best interest of Company and its employees.
- Foster a positive attitude toward Company, its management and decisions.
- Continuously maintains the highest level of ethics, respects the confidences entrusted to this position
- Represents the Company in community activities and projects
- Performs all other additional projects and duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business or a related discipline required, Master’s or advanced degree in Human Resources of related field of study preferred
- Must have at least 5 years’ of HR Generalist managerial experience in a multi-location, multi-lingual manufacturing organization.
- Must have excellent human relations skills.
- Language Skills – English: fluent, written & spoken required, working knowledge of French and Italian
- IT Skills: proficient with MS Office, HR management software (Halogen, JDE/SAP preferred)
- Travel Requirement: 25% within European region
- Leadership and Emotional Intelligence skills
- Strong business acumen (budgeting) and confidentiality
- Strong communication skills
- Compensation Administration
- Labor relations & CBA experience
- Key HR metrics benchmarking experience
- European Employment Law and Practices knowledge
- Experience in change management
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.