Position: Human Resources Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Senior Manager
Location: Tarrytown, NY
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources department, is a backup for payroll processing, supports the recruiting and new hire process and maintains employee information and records. This role is a resource for employees, both at corporate headquarters, and in the field, as well as to Human Resource and Payroll staff at other locations.
- Completes entry of payroll transactions and changes necessary for processing the payroll. Updates employee insurance changes with the insurance carrier. Fully trained, functional backup to the Payroll Administrator; including processing bi-weekly payroll.
- Respond to benefit, payroll, and human resource inquiries in an accurate and timely manner, or refer inquiry to the appropriate HR team member for response.
- Ensure employee information with the Ampacet intranet, Talent Management, Active Directory and JDE is accurate and up to date.
- Input new employee information into the HRIS/Payroll system.
- Update forms for the HR Department and HR Manual as needed (i.e. New Hire Forms, Training, and Benefits).
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources department. Send out routine correspondence; complete necessary filing; answer phone; complete other administrative duties as needed.
- Participate in the recruiting process by coordinating interview schedules and travel arrangements for candidates and interviewers. Process candidate expense reimbursements. Prepare and mail new hire packets. Administer the pre-employment background check. Assist in conducting reference checks on potential candidates. Verify I-9 documentation, complete E-verify process and prepare new employee files and internal communications.
- Retain and track agency agreement letters, invoices and approved employee requisitions.
- Maintain and keep current the Human Resources File Room. Ensure paperwork is filed and older files are archived.
- Coordinate and distribute corporate birthday cards, holiday cards, savings bonds, flowers, and gift baskets.
- Working with the appropriate staff member, generate routine correspondence, including: offer letters, turndown letters, relocation authorizations, COBRA and 401(k) communications. Send notification to managers regarding ISO training requirements for new hires and job changes.
- Coordinate all activities and correspondence for Job Shadow Day.
- Working with the Benefits Administrator, track monthly COBRA payments, distribute and post wellness information; coordinate with wellness providers to obtain on-site flu shots, glucose screenings, wellness speakers, etc.
- Maintain supply of commonly requested brochures and forms.
- Send out internal pre-employment notices as needed.
- Generate internal employee milestone communications and post to SharePoint.
- Contribute to the HR department monthly report and annual report process.
- Perform other duties as assigned and provide assistance with projects as required.
- High School graduate. College coursework in Human Resources preferred.
- Formal Administrative training preferred
- 3+ years working in a Human Resources support role required
- Experience processing payroll using a recent version of ADP Workforce Now required
- Proven experience working with highly confidential information
- Must have MSOffice functional skills in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- HRIS experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – self-confident; courteous; responds tactfully and professionally to questions and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking and detail-oriented work ethic required.
- Reliable and available for occasional flexible work hours or overtime when needed.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.