POSITION: Global Talent Management Director
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Human Resources
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full time employee
WORK LOCATION: Tarrytown NY, or Dudelange, Luxembourg
Ampacet is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates, and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Compelling Communication
- Cultivating Networks & Partnerships
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Leading Change
- Driving Innovation
- Coaching & Developing Others
- Sharing Responsibility
- Energizing the Organization
- Driving Execution
- Customer Focus
- Establishing Strategic Direction
- Building Organizational Talent (diversity)
- Business Acumen
- Operational Decision Making
- Personal Growth Orientation
In coordination with corporate HR and the Executive Management Team, creates and implements talent management strategies that contribute to the success of the organization. Directs and manages the coordination of organizational development and leadership development to achieve business goals and create a pipeline of talent resulting in an internal bench. Leads the design and implementation of key processes related to Succession Management, Performance Management, Leadership Development & Assessment, Training, Competency Management, and Individualized and Group-based development strategies and tactics.
- Plan and provide Talent Management strategy, direction, advice and counsel to regional General Managers, Leadership Teams, HR and the Executive Management Team.
- Oversee and manage the talent processes, services and tools at the corporate level, in strong partnership with Senior Leadership and regional HR.
- Develop and lead the Talent Management function. Lead the thinking, develop the strategy and execute the program which will enable regional Management, HR, the Executive Management Team and employees to excel in achieving business strategies.
- Lead the talent review and succession planning processes. Translate business strategy, Company Values and “state of talent” data into talent strategy for the business. Align acquisitions, develop performance management and other initiatives to close identified short, mid and long-term talent gaps.
- Work closely with regional HR to assess and manage retention of top talent.
- Work in partnership with regional HR to implement a combination of core learning and development solutions targeted at various levels of the organization and aligned to business needs.
- Partner with regional HR to leverage HR technology and evaluate alternative talent management technology solutions.
- Design and implement metrics and measures to determine the effectiveness and business impact of talent management initiatives (e.g., training, employee selection, leadership and organizational development programs).
- Utilize contemporary communications methods and learning media, distance learning and on-line learning tools.
- Develop the HR team’s capability in talent management and development.
- Develop the HR team and organization’s capability in coaching and mentoring programs.
- Manage the talent management budget and consultant/vendor relationships.
- Prepare comprehensive annual budgets for responsible departments: expenses, personnel, relevant capital investments, etc.
- Exercise leadership by personal example and appearance.
- Make effective periodic presentations on progress against KPIs.
- Ensure policies, procedures and guidelines are being followed within the spirit of Ampacet’s Purpose and within legal requirements.
- Improve organizational effectiveness through the development and deployment of solutions to enhance leadership, improve productivity, and drive a performance culture.
- Consult with corporate HR and the Executive Management Team on change management opportunities – provide guidance on resources, processes and tools.
- Serve as partner to provide advice on organizational design issues.
Leadership Development/Succession Planning:
- Design and deploy high-potential management and development programs that align with long-range business strategies.
- Design and implement succession planning and key talent review meetings and processes across the company, oversee strategies to accelerate development of key talent and successor candidates. Coordinate succession planning with management team business planning and regional HR activities.
- Develop, design and implement innovative leadership programs, tools and processes based on Company short, mid and long-term strategy.
- Identify and/or create tools and processes for assessing and developing talent (e.g., 360º feedback, talent assessment processes).
- Remain current with best practices and trends within the training and development field and adopt new approaches as appropriate.
- Ensure Individual Development Plans are in place for all key succession staff to enhance their ability to achieve goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility.
- Manage employee training programs and budget including identification of internal/external training opportunities, coaching and mentoring program development.
- BA/BS in business, psychology, HR, or relevant behavioral sciences area required
- MA/MS in organizational behavior, HR Mgmt. or related field preferred
- 8-10 years’ HR experience in talent management, organizational design and succession planning required
- 6-8 years’ managerial experience required
- Knowledge of functional human resources disciplines, including talent acquisition, learning and development, HR planning and performance management.
- Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build productive cross-functional working relationships globally
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization desired
- Experience working in a multinational manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Understanding of adult learning principles and the development and facilitating programs
- Experience with Halogen Talent Management system preferred
- Development Dimensions Int’l (DDI) Competencies’ management experience preferred
- Certified to administer various assessments; such as: Hogan, 360-Degree, 9-Box, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
- HR accreditation a plus (PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP/SCP)
- American Society for Training Development (ASTD) certified or related
- Business command of a second language helpful
- Willing to travel, including international travel 25 – 35%
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.