POSITION: Global Engineering Project Manager
LOCATION: Any Ampacet plant or office location
DEPARTMENT: Global Engineering
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Engineering & Assets
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency. We are seeking a Global Engineering Project Manager to manage capital projects at locations around the world.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
- Building Talent
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organizing
- Building Partnerships
- Emotional Intelligence Essentials
- Facilitating Change
- Driving Innovation
- Inspiring Others
- Delegation & Empowerment
- Continuous Learning
- Creating a Culture of Trust
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
Manage capital projects including design of new plants, expansions, new equipment, and plant improvements at any global location as required. Accountable for the project budget, design and execution, utilizing internal and external resources when required. Investigate current and new technologies relating to Ampacet processes and investigate and evaluate new equipment/processes that would improve operating efficiencies or broaden market diversification. Perform engineering design evaluations and work to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints. Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the planning, budgeting, and scheduling of special facility or equipment acquisition, start-up, commissioning, construction and modification projects as appropriate and assigned
- Design, draft, engineer and implement approved capital projects
- Global travel as required for job related matters
- Work with other Project Engineers around the world as required
- Seek out cost saving methods of implementing projects
- Perform economic feasibility studies of projects
- Assist and advise plant maintenance departments as necessary
- Stay abreast on latest government regulations relating to EPA and OSHA matters
- Work with vendors to specify equipment, ask general and informative questions, and make decisions based on available information
- Aid the Engineering department in maintaining a library of current specifications, technical bulletins, and operation instructions for all equipment products supported by the company
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Project Engineering/Management
- Must be familiar with all aspects of manufacturing, material handling and process control.
- Plastics industry experience is highly desired
- Must have an understanding of all aspects of process control, electrical and mechanical automation
- Knowledge of application of computer programs
- Proficient in English. Proficiency in other languages is a plus
- Basic Management of CAD software tools
- Ability to travel globally for extended periods of time
- Effective decision-making skills when confronted with complex business situations and / or divergent opinions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes for Masterbatch desired.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
This position can be located at any Ampacet Plant or Office location (please review our website for locations). Candidates should not require relocation assistance and should be legally authorized to work in that location without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.