POSITION: Global Accounts Manager
LOCATION: Global Role, location open
DEPARTMENT: General Management
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Global Strategic Accounts
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates, and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Building the Sales Organization
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Aligning and Executing Sales Strategy
- Making Sales Operations Decisions
- Building Customer Relationships
- High Impact Communication
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Building Influential Partnerships
- Coaching the Sales Team
- Driving Successful Customer Engagements
- Motivating the Sales Team
- Delegation and Empowerment
- Personal Growth Orientation
- Sales Negotiation
Responsible for the effective management of assigned Global Accounts by coordinating and initiating efforts to achieve profit and contribute to improvement goals. Has total responsibility for developing coordinated business and technical strategies affecting the assigned customer(s). Accountable to manage profit / loss, understand global market dynamics and trends, and know the impact of these on the customer’s business.
This will entail working closely with and in coordination of local and global Ampacet resources to:
- Establish sales goals, strategic plan and key initiatives for targeted Global Accounts.
- Implement global account business strategies and key initiatives.
- Develop and maintain favorable business relationships with new and existing (designated) multinational customers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers’ key decision makers.
- Be aware and monitor external conditions and global industry changes that may impact customers and Ampacet.
- Ensure that Ampacet’s products and services consistently meet the customer’s needs.
- Resolve customer issues and problems.
- Based upon a global strategy approach this position will develop regional strategy and marketing plans supporting initiatives designed to grow Ampacet’s global position and deliver sales goals.
- Evaluate customer needs and Ampacet’s capabilities (i.e., GAP analysis). Identify requirements and recommend changes necessary to better service the customer.
- Introduce innovation, new developments and value added services to global accounts.
- Strong understanding of customer products and process capabilities to allow value-added selling.
- Establish a global database of the key customer defining personnel; markets; resources and their strategic initiatives.
- Must rely on extensive experience, knowledge of Ampacet’s core competencies and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Direct internal resources (sales, marketing, technical, etc.) necessary to service customer requirements, negotiate and coordinate pricing, manage internal / external communications and meet project timelines.
- Ensure consistency in all internal & external communication concerning activities with global accounts.
- This would include educating our organization regarding critical success factors, risks and opportunities related to area of activity.
- Deliver sales and marketing presentations as needed.
- Lead in the negotiation of global account contracts and coordinate details.
- Participate in professional organizations specific to the industry.
- University degree, Technical or Commercial; or equivalent experience
- 2 – 5 + plus years’ of experience with color masterbatch sales and a strong emphasis on marketing preferred
- Understands our customers’ strategy(s) and able to identify the matching key factors that Ampacet can offer with the aim of gaining business.
- 1-3 years’ experience managing multinational customers.
- International experience in managing and conducting business in different countries helpful.
- Must understand the impact of: currency exchange, ocean freight, local freight, conversion costs, etc. These are important elements needed when developing or influencing product pricing.
- Demonstrated proficiency with developing and implementing marketing and sales plans.
- Strong experience and knowledge of polyolefins and some experience with engineered resins
- A working knowledge of various plastics processes such as extrusion and molding is preferred.
- Proficient at developing relationships.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Multilingual preferred.
- Must be aggressive and self-starting, able to function under minimal supervision.
- Excellent command of computer skills specifically Excel and PowerPoint, and proficiency in JD Edwards.
- International travel is required (up to 50%).
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent full benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.