POSITION: Global Accounts Manager, Personal Care & Lubricants
LOCATION: Nature of assignment does not require position to be in a specific location
DEPARTMENT: Sales – Global Marketing
REPORTS TO: Global Strategic Accounts Director
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Responsible for the effective management of assigned Personal Care and/or Lubricants Global Accounts by initiating and coordinating efforts to achieve profit and contribute to improvement goals. Has total responsibility for developing coordinated business and technical strategies affecting the assigned customers. Accountable to manage profit/loss, understand global market dynamics and trends, and know the impact of these on the customers’ business.
This will entail coordinating, collaborating and communicating with local, regional and global Ampacet resources to:
- Establish sales goals, strategic plans and key initiatives for targeted Global Accounts.
- Implement global account business strategies and key initiatives.
- Understand customers’ market/brand share position and Ampacet’s market/brand share position with the customers.
- Develop and maintain favorable business relationships with new and existing (designated) multinational customers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers’ key decision makers.
- Be aware and monitor external conditions and global industry changes that may impact customers and Ampacet.
- Ensure that Ampacet’s products and services consistently meet the customers’ needs.
- Resolve customer issues and problems.
- Portfolio Management
- Building Influential Partnerships
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Business Acumen
- Continuous Learning
- Creating Demand Through Insight
- Customer Focus
- Driving Successful Customer Engagements
- High Impact Communication
- Sales Negotiation
- Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
- Based upon a strategic approach, this position will develop global strategy and marketing plans supporting initiatives designed to grow Ampacet’s global position and deliver sales goals.
- Knowledge of customers’ market/brand share position and Ampacet’s market/brand share position with the customers.
- Evaluate customer needs and Ampacet’s capabilities (i.e., GAP analysis). Identify requirements and recommend changes necessary to better service the customer.
- Introduce innovation, new developments, and value-added services to global accounts.
- Maintain a strong understanding of customer products and process capabilities to allow value-added selling.
- Establish a global database for the key customers by defining personnel, markets, resources and their strategic initiatives.
- Utilize extensive experience, knowledge of Ampacet’s core competencies and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Understand our customers’ strategy(s) and able to identify the matching key factors that Ampacet can offer with the aim of gaining business.
- Research and be aware of the competitive landscape affecting assigned accounts and how Ampacet’s competitive advantage can gain business.
- Direct internal resources (sales, marketing, technical, etc.) necessary to service customer requirements, negotiate and coordinate global pricing, manage internal/external communications and meet project timelines.
- Understand the important elements of product pricing including the impact of: conversion costs, currency exchange, Incoterms, etc.
- Lead in the negotiation of global account contracts and coordinate details.
- Ensure consistency in all internal & external communication concerning activities with global accounts. This includes educating our organization regarding critical success factors, risks and opportunities related to the area of activity.
- Deliver sales and marketing presentations as needed.
- Coordinate regular internal account/market communication calls with all regions to ensure focus and efficiency.
- Enter all activity related to customer visits, opportunities and project pipelines into CRM in a timely manner.
- Participate in professional organizations specific to the industry.
- University degree, Technical or Commercial; or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience with color masterbatch sales and a strong emphasis on marketing.
- 1-3 years’ experience managing multinational customers preferred.
- International experience in managing and conducting business in different countries desired.
- Comfortable working in multi-cultural business settings.
- Fluency in English required, business command of a second language preferred.
- International travel is required (up to 50%).
- Demonstrated proficiency with developing and implementing marketing and sales plans.
- A working knowledge of various plastics processes such as extrusion and molding is preferred.
- Strong experience and knowledge of polyolefins and some experience with engineered resins.
- Proficient at developing relationships.
- Must be aggressive and self-starting, able to function under minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent command of computer skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and proficient in CRM.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.