POSITION: Export Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Export – Tarrytown
LOCATION: Tarrytown, New York
REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate Logistics
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-time Employee
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for customer order entry and order management, including all follow-up activity. Also provides administrative support to the Export Department.
- Enter and follow up on sales orders for Export customers and subsidiaries
- Preparation of Export documentation
- Prepare and process price quotes for Export department
- Utilize bi-lingual Spanish skills on the phone and in translating written correspondence
- Request and reconcile end of month inventories from Export Warehouse
- Publish Product Data Sheets and Material Safety Data Sheets for customers
- Perform other department related administrative duties as required
- High School graduate (post high school education / training is a plus)
- Minimum 3 years office administration and / or customer service
- Must have good communication skills
- Experience with export documentation a plus
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish
- Working knowledge in MS Word and Excel is required
- Must be self-confident, courteous and have the ability to tactfully handle various personalities and export / customer service related problems
- A strong interest and concern for providing professional customer service and satisfaction
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented work ethic required
- Ability to work with numbers and excellent keyboard/data-entry skills
- Available for occasional flexible work hours or overtime when needed
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.