Position: Customer Service Representative
Department: Customer Service
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
Location: Mason, OH or Tarrytown, NY
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
Responsible for receiving and processing customer sales orders; Handling and following up on inquiries and service requests; Interacting with other departments and Sales to ensure all customer sales orders, inquiries and complaints are handled accurately and timely. Handling other administrative and clerical duties as required.
- Process all incoming sales orders and provide customers with information pertaining to availability of product, delivery, lead-time, product pricing and status of order.
- Act as a liaison between the customer, plants and field sales to ensure all sales order special requirements are met.
- Daily follow up of open orders to ensure on time delivery. Communicate order status with customers and field sales to advise them of delivery delays or schedule changes.
- Prepare orders for invoicing after shipments are made.
- Act as part of an integrated team with Field Sales and Technical Service to:
- Quickly resolve all customer complaints and requests for service, assuring the customer’s problem is reconciled promptly and satisfactorily.
- Determine and pursue opportunities to increase business revenue.
- Take action on all customer complaints and requests for service, assuring the customer’s problem is reconciled promptly and satisfactorily.
- Handle inventory reconciliation as needed.
- Initiate action to resolve all price discrepancies and investigate short pays.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by supervisor or manager.
- High School graduate (post HS admin/clerical education or training is helpful).
- Previous customer service background or experience preferred.
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
- Must be self-confident, courteous and have the ability to tactfully handle various personalities and customer service related problems.
- Proven experience working as a member of a team.
- A strong interest and concern for providing professional customer service and satisfaction.
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking skills and detail-oriented work ethic required.
- Must have MSOffice functional skills in Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work with numbers and strong keyboard/data-entry skills.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards/SAP/etc. is a plus.
- Reliable and available for occasional flexible work hours or overtime when needed.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.