POSITION: Customer Service Representative
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service
LOCATION: Mason, OH
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Supervisor
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Ampacet’s Customer Service Representatives are responsible for receiving and processing B2B customer sales orders; handling and following up on inquiries and service requests; interacting with other departments and our Sales team to ensure all customer sales orders, inquiries and complaints are handled accurately and in timely manner. This role is also responsible for handling other administrative and clerical duties and providing fully integrated customer service data management for Sales and Technical Service teams. We are a corporate, not call-center, environment.
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
- Process all incoming sales orders and provide customers with information pertaining to availability of product, delivery, lead-time, product pricing and status of order.
- Act as a liaison between the customer, plants and Field Sales to ensure all sales order special requirements are met.
- Perform daily follow up of open orders to ensure on time delivery. Communicate order status with customers and Field Sales to advise them of delivery or schedule changes.
- Manage data/information flow including color match requests, sample requests, regulatory documents, account overview and review, data integrity checks, forecast entry, etc.
- Act as part of an integrated team with Field Sales and Technical Service to:
- Quickly resolve all customer complaints and requests for service, ensuring the customer’s problem is reconciled promptly and satisfactorily.
- Determine and pursue opportunities to increase business revenue.
- Provide internal “Support Hotline” for Sales and Tech Service team members while they are traveling.
- Participate in Territory and/or Account reviews (calls & visits).
- Handle inventory reconciliation as needed.
- Initiate action to resolve all price discrepancies and investigate short pays.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by supervisor or manager.
- High School graduate (post HS admin/clerical education or training is helpful).
- Previous B2B customer service background or experience highly preferred.
- Excellent telephone communication skills.
- Capable of mastering CRM and SCM.
- Must be self-confident, courteous and have the ability to tactfully handle various personalities and customer service-related problems.
- Proven experience working as a member of a team.
- Must have MS Office functional skills in Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work with numbers and strong keyboard/data-entry skills.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards/SAP/etc. is a plus.
- Must be reliable and available for occasional flexible work hours or overtime when needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.