Position: Corporate Planner
Department: Supply Chain
Reports to: Supply Chain Director
Location: Mason, OH
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Configuration, execution, and optimization of the Raw Material (RM) and Finished Goods (FG) Planning Systems (MRP/MPS/Etc). This position will focus on the “health” and design of the planning system inputs as compared to the necessary outputs. Example tasks include:
- Management of the forecasting system inputs and output.
- Continual review of stocking programs to facilitate an accurate and active stock inventory,
- Coordinating custom stocking arrangements with customers and commercial reps.
- Managing product launch process to ensure that RM’s and FG’s are available in sufficient supply when needed.
- Planning will be leveraged across North America (US/Canada/Mexico).
- Define and manage EOQ’s.
- Analyze production capacity planning+ organization.
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
MTS product management
- Regular review of stock plans vs. sales activity.
- Modify stock levels (by branch) as necessary to optimize inventory while ensuring product availability.
- Publish actions and justifications for additions/deletions to Director of Supply Chain.
- Management and maintenance of forecasting systems (FG and RM) and long-term planning systems.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Coordinate with Technical, Manufacturing, & Business Development to ensure RM and MFG in place (on time) for new product launches
- Actively obsolete non-moving FG and RM
MTO product management
- Coordinate customer stocking plans (aka Trigger lists)
- Manage Inventory Purchase Agreements (IPA).
- Optimize stocking configuration to support MFG operational efficiencies, both RM and FG.
- Coordinate realignment of products for optimization and efficiency, navigating the customer Tier system as required.
- Design and implement advanced optimization approaches (multi-line / multi-plant)
- Establish RM stocking direction while coordinating RM requirements and forecasts with Purchasing Managers (to vendors)
- Coordinate FG import requirements between Customer Service /Sales and Export department
- Product Obsolescence and FG data integrity
- Liaison to ERP/IT for improvement needs/projects for Planning
- Support to Canada and Mexico for planning systems, stocking configurations, and intra-regional supply planning
- BS in applicable field of study preferred. High School Diploma/GED required.
- APICS certification in operational planning, or extensive experience and understanding of Ampacet’s planning systems accepted.
- Planning system configuration, implementation, and production scheduling or planning system experience.
- Knowledge of ERP Planning Systems is required (MPS/MRP). Knowledge of forecasting theory and calculation a plus.
- Proven experience in making business decisions supported by data analysis
- Experience with risk management, demand management and forecasting
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and external customers and business partners
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.