Position: Corporate Planner
Department: Supply Chain
Reports to: Director, Supply Chain
Location: Mason, OH
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
The Corporate Planner is responsible for mid-long term planning and managing the configuration, execution, and optimization of the Raw Material and Finished Goods Planning Systems (MRP/MPS/ etc.) to best utilize the company’s production capacity and inventory levels. This position will focus on the “health” and design of the planning system inputs as compared to the necessary outputs.
Working in coordination with our Scheduler/Expediter (who manages daily operations with production schedules), responsibilities include:
- Management of the forecasting system inputs and output.
- Continual review of stocking programs to facilitate an accurate and active stock inventory.
- Coordinating custom stocking arrangements with customers and commercial reps.
- Staying current with product launches to ensure that raw materials and finished goods are available in sufficient supply when needed.
- Participate in new product initiative teams and help manage new product release planning.
- Develop, maintain, and implement strategic and optimal product plans for MTS products.
- Prepare data, analyze inventory trends, capacity requirements and other internal and external KPI’s to propose process improvements and support business needs/requests.
MTS product management
- Regular review of stock plans vs. sales activity.
- Modify stock levels (by branch) as necessary to optimize inventory while ensuring product availability.
- Publish recommendations and support for additions/deletions.
- Management and maintenance of forecasting systems (FG and RM) and long-term planning systems.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Coordinate with Technical, MFG, & Bus Development teams to ensure RM and MFG are in place (on time) for new product launches.
- Actively obsolete non-moving finished goods and raw materials.
MTO product management
- Coordinate customer stocking plans (aka trigger lists).
- Manage Inventory Purchase Agreements (IPA).
- Optimize stocking configuration to support MFG operational efficiencies, both RM and FG.
- Coordinate realignment of products for optimization and efficiency, navigating the customer Tier system as required.
- Design and implement advanced optimization approaches (multi-line / multi-plant).
- Establish RM stocking direction while coordinating RM requirements and forecasts with Purchasing Managers (to vendors).
- Coordinate FG import requirements between Customer Service/Sales and Export departments.
- Provide support to Canada and Mexico for planning systems, stocking configurations, and intra-regional supply planning.
This role will have daily contact with Director of Supply Chain, and Corporate Scheduler/Expeditor and will have frequent contact with Plant Schedulers communicating changes to purchase or production requirements and planning configurations. There will also be regular contact with commercial managers, technical service, and purchasing managers to coordinate RM and FG requirements for new product launches, product replacements, and phase-outs.
- High School diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s degree in applicable field preferred.
- Recent direct military or business supply chain experience preferred
- Planning system configuration, implementation, and production scheduling or planning system experience
- APICS CPIM certification in operational planning, or extensive experience and understanding of Ampacet’s planning systems
- Advanced skills in Excel and JD Edwards/SAP ERP or other ERP system specific to MRP/MPS/Forecasting required
- Proven experience in making business decisions supported by data analysis
- Experience with risk management, demand management and forecasting
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams and external customers and business partners
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.