Position: Credit Analyst – Corporate
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Reports to: Credit Manager
Employee Type: Full-time Employee
Ampacet is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates, and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
Responsible for evaluating customer’s credit worthiness, establishing and maintaining customer master records, credit recommendations to the Credit Manager and credit lines consistent with corporate credit policy and procedures.
- Responsible for credit analysis of U.S. customers, serve as a support role for credit staff in Canada and Mexico as needed, JD Edwards account activity log documentation and order to cash cycle (order approval or denial) in accordance with established policies and procedures in a manner to support sales growth and minimize credit risk
- Monitor aggregate customer credit exposure levels and payment performance
- Evaluate new credit applications and perform account maintenance of active or dormant customer accounts
- Apply the company’s credit and collection policies, procedures and best practices
- Analyze and interpret financial statements to mitigate risk. This includes on-going credit risk appraisal of customers including proactively obtaining and reviewing financial statements for new and existing customers. Decisions must be supported and documented.
- Submit recommendations for credit requests above authority level to the Credit Manager
- Responsible for analyzing customer’s corporate structures, including parent/child relationships to determine aggregate credit exposure levels to Ampacet
- Serve as a point of contact on credit related matters for Ampacet subsidiaries in North America
- Cross train to develop keen knowledge of all credit department responsibilities
- Responsible for perfecting and recording legal name changes, private equity relationships and customer links in JD Edwards and GetPaid. Clearly documenting public information for all customers and related parent accounts. This includes notifying the Credit Manager to add public companies to the Credit Risk Monitor portfolio.
- Collaborate and maintain effective relationships with all departments primarily for the purpose of exchanging information and working jointly in expediting the order release process and/or customer problems
- Heavy interaction with Customer Service, Sales and Marketing Account Representatives
- Utilize all available resources to enhance decision making and problem solving
- Work with Credit Manager to proactively act on negative news releases (plastics news, credit risk monitor, industry flash reports etc.) to mitigate or minimize credit risk. This includes completely documenting the customer account activity log and working with the Credit Manager to maintain dormant customer accounts, credit limits and terms of sale.
- Assist and support Credit Manager as needed
- Work with Credit Manager to recommend and participate in system testing, development and process and procedure enhancements by maximizing utilization of JD Edwards and SharePoint functionality and reporting suite
- Obtain confidentiality agreements, corporate guaranties /corporate resolutions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field. Credit Business Associate designation a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of credit experience with increasing levels of responsibility consistent with the requirements of this position
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial data
- Excellent analytical, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with Customer Service and Sales Account Representatives
- Strong customer communication and follow up skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel; ERP, FIS Global Credit software and bank software experience a plus
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent full benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.