Title: Color Chemist
Department: Color Technology
Reports to: Color Technology Manager
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Ampacet Corporation is a privately held, global company that manufactures ingredients that provide the color, texture and other qualities to most of the plastic items that consumers come in contact with countless times every day. We have over 2,000 employees in 17 countries around the globe, doing business with clients located in over 90 countries.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
The Color Chemist is responsible for executing colormatches for multiple applications in various resins with a specific focus on blown and cast film.
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
- Conduct colormatches at a high level of quality and efficiency.
- Create formulations that meet customer specifications and cost parameters and manufacture at a high rate of efficiency.
- Perform and excel at multiple color matching techniques, coloring systems, & color solutions.
- Utilize strong knowledge and experience of formulating color and effects for film applications.
- Maintain accurate & legible records that align with Ampacet’s ISO and GDP requirements.
- Interface with and support internal & external customers where applicable.
- Keep work area clean and orderly and adhere to all safety policies.
- Work at a high level of efficiency and productivity to support Ampacet service commitments.
- Provide support to Colorlab Sample Department on the processing & color corrections when applicable.
- Perform additional projects or tasks as assigned by Colorlab Supervisor or Color Technology Manager
- High School degree required, higher education in a related discipline preferred
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ of colormatching for masterbatch experience, with a focus on flexible packaging.
- Experience formulating for multiple applications, including but not limited to film, injection molding, sheet extrusion, and thermoforming is required. Experience formulating for EGR applications is a plus.
- Strong technical understanding and experience in all masterbatch formulating but with a specific focus on thermoplastics and engineered resins.
- Experience utilizing various coloring methods and chemistries including pigments, dyes, and special effect type raw materials is expected.
- Strong background in masterbatch as it relates to various colormatching equipment types & processes, extrusion equipment (twin and banbury), and convertor types (cast/blown film, injection molding, sheet extrusion, etc.)
- Must pass Farnsworth-Munsell Color Discretion Test
- Excellent Color Vision and discretion
- Must work with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing with a high degree of professionalism.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for current or future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits program including medical, dental, 401(k) with matching, and other benefits.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please double click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.