Position: Sales Representative
Location: Northwest Region – Territory includes: MN, IA, NE, SD – and limited customers in ND, WY, MT, and ID
Reports to: Northwest Regional Manager
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services solutions for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
We are seeking a Sales Representative based out their home office in the Minneapolis or Des Moines area to cover a regional territory that includes Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and surrounding states. The Sales Rep will be calling on targeted OEMs and other customers and prospects in a well-established territory to continue to service and grow our business by seeking out opportunities to provide solutions. The ideal candidate for this role will be a true ‘hunter’ who has 3-5 years of experience in materials sales, has called on OEM’s — and is looking to take their career to the next level with a well-respected, privately held, and stable global company.
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Bias to Action
- Creativity & Engagement
- Environmental Care
- Knowledge Sharing & Teamwork
- Quality & Safety
- Working Hard While Having Fun
Responsible for direct customer contact and for developing and implementing sales plans and strategies to meet assigned sales goals. Develop new opportunities at select OEM locations.
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Account Planning
- Leveraging a Winning Sales Strategy
- Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
- High Impact Communication
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Building Influential Partnerships
- Driving Successful Customer Engagements
- Continuous Learning
- Sales Negotiation
- Develop and maintain solutions-selling based relationships with current and potential accounts in the territory.
- Call on and maintain ongoing contact with Major accounts and key prospects in the territory.
- Support the Strategic Business Unit Managers’ and Major Account Managers’ strategy for area accounts.
- Build relationships and develop business at targeted OEM locations.
- Maintain awareness of competitors’ activities in order to proactively retain business.
- Spend one day per week in home office, to complete all necessary administrative work, including: call reports, expense reports, updating contact records, completing requested status reports, appointment scheduling, customer follow-up, etc.
- Provide Regional Manager with bi-weekly itinerary and weekly and or monthly reports as needed.
- Review weekly the territory sales performance and expenses with Regional Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or Chemistry
- 3 – 5 years of experience selling materials to OEMs (such as steel, PVC, chemicals).
- Color concentrate/ compounding experience with particular emphasis in blow molding, injection molding, sheet extrusion, compounding is preferred, but not required.
- Bias to action, excellent communication, organizational and follow-up skills required.
- Desire to grow a career in sales and sales team management and/or major account management longer term
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and exposure to customer relationship management software.
- Must be able to travel overnight up to 60% of the time, majority of travel will be driving (company car provided).
- The preferred geographic location of this position will be based in the Minneapolis St Paul, Minnesota or the Des Moines, Iowa area and will work out of their home office.
Ampacet offers competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a company car.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please double click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.