Position: Sales Representative
Location: North-Central Region – Territory includes: KY, Southern OH and Southern IN
Reports to: North-Central Regional Manager
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Account Planning
- Leveraging a Winning Sales Strategy
- Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
- High Impact Communication
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Building Influential Partnerships
- Driving Successful Customer Engagements
- Continuous Learning
- Sales Negotiation
Responsible for direct customer contact and for developing and implementing sales plans and strategies to meet assigned sales goals. Develop new opportunities at select OEM locations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential accounts in territory.
- Responsible and accountable for the attainment of revenue, volume and margin dollar growth for the accounts in the assigned territory.
- Responsible, along with the Regional Sales Manager, for formulating and annual sales budget for the assigned territory.
- Work as a member of an internal team to delight the customer. (Credit, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Technical Service, Marketing, Major Account Managers and Global Account Managers)
- Call on key accounts in the assigned territory at least once every two to six weeks.
- Provide, also with the assistance of the technical service dept., customer with the requested technical support.
- Maintain contact with Major Accounts in territory, in conjunction with Major Account Manager.
- Support the Strategic Business Unit Managers’ and Major Account Managers’ strategy for area accounts.
- Build relationships and develop business at targeted OEM locations.
- Maintain awareness of competitors’ activities in order to proactively retain business.
- Collect market information related to market needs, price level, and service requirements.
- Advise Regional Manager of industry trends, current resin pricing, competitive activity and all other pertinent intelligence.
- Spend one day per week in the office, typically on a Friday, to complete all necessary administrative work, including: call reports, expense reports, updating contact records, completing requested status reports, appointment scheduling, customer follow-up, etc.
- Provide Regional Manager with bi-weekly itinerary and weekly and or monthly reports as needed.
- Review weekly the actual territory sales performance and expenses with Regional Manager.
- Establish annual personal objectives that are aligned with company goals and strategic initiatives, then monitor progress.
- Continuously improve personal knowledge of the latest sales techniques, as well as improve technical knowledge and product knowledge.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or Chemistry and 3 – 5 years of color concentrate/ compounding experience with particular emphasis in blow molding, injection molding, sheet extrusion, compounding and film.
- Extensive industry experience could replace the degree requirement.
- Excellent communication, organizational and follow-up skills required.
- Proficient computer skills: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Dynamics CRM customer relationship management software.
- Must be able to travel overnight up to 60% of the time.
- Note: The preferred home office geographic location of this position will be in the Cincinnati, OH; Lexington, KY or Louisville, KY areas.
- In addition to the requirements listed above, the employee should possess the following qualifications:
- Results driven
- Self-starter with high energy level
- Strong persevering character
- Challenge oriented
- Computer proficiency
- Superior follow-up and organizational skills
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Professional image
- Attention to detail
- Proactive instead of reactive
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The candidate will work out of their home office.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted, no phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
Please double click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to:
660 White Plains Rd.
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Recruiting
Or fax to: 914-333-1616
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.