POSITION: Quality Control Technician
DEPARTMENT: Quality Control
LOCATION: Heath, Ohio
REPORTS TO: Technical Superintendent
Employee Type: Full-time Employee – 3rd Shift
Ampacet Corporation is a global independent manufacturer and supplier of color, additive concentrates and services for the thermoplastics industry, that is recognized the world over for innovation, quality and consistency.
- Safety & Quality
- Authenticity & Integrity
- Engagement & Creativity
- Bias to Action
- Teamwork & Knowledge Sharing
- Work Hard While Having Fun
- Environmental Care
- Earning Trust
- Customer Focus
- Managing Work
- Decision Making
- Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for performing Ampacet’s test methods on finished product and raw materials and correctly recording the test results on the SQC sheets. The Quality Control Technician has the authority to accept and reject raw materials and finished goods.
- Testing of finished products and raw materials at designated intervals using the corporate test methods.
- Visual examination of the finished products to ensure it meets Ampacet’s requirements.
- Responsible for making adjustments to the formulation during the testing process to obtain the proper color and ash.
- Responsible for comparing test data to product specifications and notifying production management when products are out of specification.
- Maintaining accurate and legible records of test data and information related to the quality of the finished product.
- Communicate effectively with Quality Control Management in regards to any ongoing and uncorrected quality issues.
- Provide overall support by assisting other laboratory personnel as required.
- Maintaining a quality environment in the laboratory by keeping work area clean.
- Working safely and adhering to all laboratory and company safety policies.
- Foster teamwork with peers and superiors both internal and external to the Heath location.
- Liaison to production team on quality issues.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – good math skills.
- Must have the ability to distinguish colors from one another (not “colorblind”).
- Knowledge of statistical process control (SPC).
- Must have excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Principles only, no search firms please.
We offer excellent compensation and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401k & tuition reimbursement.
Please click on to fill out the form as indicated. Please attach your resume in Word format.
You may also apply by sending your resume with cover letter and salary requirement to:
660 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Attn: Human Resources – Heath
Ampacet is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.